Maintidget (Maintenance Scripts Widget) is a Dashboard Widget which provides the following functions:
- Display the last time the daily, weekly, and monthly OS X Maintenance Scripts (a.k.a Cron Tasks) were run.
- Run the OS X Maintenance Scripts on demand. Just enter your administrator password and click the Run Scripts button.
- Select which scripts you want to run (the daily script must be run at all times).
- Works with admin accounts that don’t have a password assigned.
- Click Daily/Weekly/Monthly labels to open logs in the Console (for the adventurous).
Now you can keep track of when your Mac runs the scripts, and force them to run in case you need to. These maintenance scripts perform the following tasks:
- Removes old logs
- Removes scratch and junk files (temporary files)
- Removes scratch fax files
- Backs up NetInfo data
- Checks subsystem status
- Cleans mail queue
- Gathers account statistics
- Cleans up asl.log
- Rotates logs: system
- Rebuilds locate database
- Rebuilds whatis database
- Rotates logs: ftp, lpr, mail, netino, ipfw, ppp, secure
- Runs login accounting
- Rotates logs: wtmp, install, fax
Requires 10.4.3 or higher (including all versions of 10.5).